Traveljunkieindonesia.com – These travel quotes are like messages found on the beach, beautiful, sometimes mysterious, can lift your spirits and can touch your intuitions. Some inspiring, these are 15 of Travel Junkie Indonesia favorite travel quotes.
1. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page” ~ St. Augustine
2. “Not all those who wander are lost” ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
3. “It is not down in any map; true places never are” ~ Herman Melville
4. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow” ~ Lin Yutang
5. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment” ~ Hilaire Belloc
6. “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
7. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
8. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it” ~ Rudyard Kipling
9. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries” ~ Aldous Huxley
10. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes” ~ Marcel Proust
11. “A traveller without observation is a bird without wings” ~ Moslih Eddin Saadi
12. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things” ~ Henry Miller
13. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles” ~ Tim Cahill
14. “The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land” ~ G. K. Chesterton
15. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you travelled” ~ Mohammed
Do you have a favourite that we’ve missed out on the list? Comment below!
Happy Green Travels!