Traveljunkieindonesia.com – I made these pancakes on the weekend. A very yummy treat on ‘everyday is like sunday’ morning.
Pancake recipe I’ve tried to date. I’ve modified it to suit my own taste, of course!
Banana Pancakes with Green Coconut
1 cup all-purpose flour , sifted
1 egg , lightly beaten
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1. Mix together the flour, egg, milk and salt thoroughly but gently.
2. Heat a crepe pan or shallow non-stick pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
3. Slice one banana lengthways and place in the pan.
4. Allow to cook and carameize (about 3 minutes).
5. Pour over a quarter of your batter, tilting the pan to get good coverage over your banana slices.
6. Cook the pancake over medium heat until holes appear and the top surface is dryish.
7. Flip, or turn over with a spatula, and cook a couple of minutes more.
8. Repeat 3 more times with remaining batter, butter and bananas.
If you eat it with ice cream or honey, you definitely don’t need any sugar added to the mixture.
But if like to eat them by themselves, then add ¼ cup of sugar.
Happy Green Travels!