Traveljunkieindonesia.com – I made these Asinan Sayur (pickled vegetable salad).
I used my family Asinan Sayur recipe and in the dressing, a thin peanut sauce swirled with palm sugar to offset the salty snap of preserved mustard leaf, carrot, coleslaw and cucumber.
The krupuk mie (Indonesian noodle crackers) comes from a yellow disc made with egg noodles. This asinan sayur is a delicious to serve with afternoon tea. Hmm… it was sooooo yummy!!
Simple and it only has a few ingredients.
Asinan Sayur Recipe
200 gr of coleslaw mixed veggie, slice thinly
Bunch of mustard leaf, slice thinly
1/2 carrot, slice thinly
1/2 cucumber, slice thinly
150 gr of bean sprout
2 blocks of fried tofu, cut into small squares
150 gr of peanut, fry it with a little bit of oil
2 Krupuk mie
5 cloves of garlic, coarsely crushed
150 gr coconut sugar
2 tbsp of sambal ulek
1 tsp salt
150 gr sugar
500 ml water
Shrimp paste (if you love it)
01. Grater and make a thin slices of veggie.
02. Grounded garlic, shrimp paste, sambal ulek, salt, sugar and coconut sugar.
03. Bring to boil 500 ml water and cook until sugar dissolved.
04. Put grounded ingredients into the pan. Mixed well.
05. Set aside and let it cool.
06. Put all the vegetables and tofu in a big bowl.
07. Pour the sauce into the bowl. Mixed well.
08. Drizzle the lime juice.
09. Let it in a fridge for at least 1.5 hours (It’s my style).
10. Sprinkle some fried peanuts on top
11. Add the krupuk mie at the side.
12. Ready to serve
Happy Sustainable Travels!