Traveljunkieindonesia.com – No surprise that international travel can negatively affect the planet. There are ways that you can green traveler though and it’s easier than you think to be a responsible traveler.
Here are Tips For Beginner Green Travel:
- Before you travel, choose to buy second-hand travel goods, such as suitcases, sleeping bags and clothing.
- Switch off all the electronics you won’t need while you’re away, such as the TV, DVD player, AC, and lights.
- Reduce electricity (laptop, mobile phone, hairdryer) while traveling by using solar-powered electronics, hand-operated electronics like windup radios and rechargeable batteries in cameras.
- Keep packaging of toiletries to an absolute minimum.
- Pack a bar of organic and biodegradable soap in a soap box. This will save space in your bag, help you pack light and reduce water pollution.
- Bring a toothbrush holder for your toothbrush and use travel size cosmetics.
No matter where you go on holiday, whether you’ve Maluku holidays or a backpacking trip in Indonesia, there are many ways that you can green traveler without making big changes to your holiday.
Happy ‘Green’ Travels!
Follow Travel Junkie Indonesia on Twitter @TravelJunkieID
Travel Junkie Magazine Post | Vol 1, Maluku Issue.