Traveljunkieindonesia.com – Indonesia is full of things to do for outdoor adventure travelers with mountains, rain forests, coral reefs, beaches and unique wildlife. Being an island there are plenty of water sports including surfing, white water rafting, snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, even diving with whalesharks, and ice climbing.
So, here are top ten adventures in Indonesia – Travel Junkie Indonesia’s selection.
1. Sampling the deserted islands, volcanoes and jungles of untouristed Maluku.
2. Taking in the mummies, markets and travel like a local culture of Papua‘s Baliem Valley.
3. Snorkling and diving the psychedelic reefs of the Banda Islands.
4. Spotting Orangutans, gibbons, macaques and kingfishers in Tanjung Puting National Park.
5. Surfing the legendary Desert Point in south Lombok.
6. Discovering pristine wilderness and beaches in Java’s remote Ujung Kulon National Park.
7. Braving the elements, sun bears and jungle in Kalimantan’s Kayan Mentarang National Park or Apokayan Highland.
8. Marvelling at the 6km-wide crater lake and summit views of Lombok’s Gunung Rinjani.
9. Getting a bird’s-eye view of Sumatra‘s smoking guns, Gunung Sinabung and Gunung Sibayak.
10. Tramping through coffee plantations and waterfalls around Bali‘s Munduk.
Happy Green Travels!