Traveljunkieindonesia.com – Perth is a city where brilliant sunshine, sparkling waterways and sophisticated yet laidback outdoor lifestyle create a city that’s always in a holiday mood.
It’s not surprising that Perth is among the world’s top ten most liveable cities.
Beautiful, cosmopolitan, multi-cultural, Perth is waiting to be discovered. Travel Junkie Indonesia kept track of the details and idiosyncracies that make Perth so special.
Well, Travel Junkie Indonesia confident you’ll come across a million of your own but here are 26 things to spot, sample and savour along the way.
01. Jakarta or Bali to Perth with Garuda Indonesia Airline
02. Kings Park, overlooking Perth city and the Swan River, has year-round flowering plants; wildflowers in bloom are best viewed from August to October.
03. Visit Fremantle to see the historic port city’s beautifully restored marine streetscape.
04. The Cottesloe Beach has spectacular beaches, ideal for swimming, paraseling, surfing, or just watching the sun go down.
05. Explore the fascinating history of Australia’s indigenous people and shop for Aboriginal Artwork.
06. Drive up to the Perth Hills for scenic views of the city and beautiful picnic spots; give yourself a real break and stay the night in a friendly B&B or self-contained cottage.
07. Visit Claremont Quarter where you have some time leisure for shopping.
08. Stay at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle, most with private balconies for yoga in the morning.
09. Walk to Cicerello’s Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour for dinner of traditional fish and chips.
10. Breakfast at Atrium Garden Restaurant, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle.
11. ‘Fremantle Urban Adventure‘ with Two Feet & a Heartbeat.
12. Fremantle Markets, have some free time to explore and enjoy a coffee on the Cappuccino Strip with locals.
13. Enjoy a 25 minutes Jet Blast Ride on the Swan River with the Swan Jet.
14. Visit the Perth Mint, enjoy a gold pour demontration, see the world’s largest displys of gold investment bars and Australia’s largest displays of natural gold nuggets.
15. Sleep well in the Sweet Bed by Mercure Hotel Perth.
16. Dinner at Indonesia Indah Restaurant. Yay! Sate Ayam and Rendang. Burp, burp, burp!
17. Night shopping at Hay Street and Murray Street Malls.
18. Stay at Perth Ambassador Hotel, the ideal place for travel junkies, WiFi junkies, and bathtub junkies.
19. Browse through stores, boutiques and galleries, or pick up a bargain and explore local arts and crafts at Harbourtown
20. Dinner at Dragon Palace Chinese Seafood Restaurant. AMAZING!
21. Catch a ferry to Rottnest Island, then hire a bike and ride around Perth’s very own holiday island.
22. Sit back and enjoy an outdoor performance; movies, concerts and plays, on a balmy summer evening.
23. Perth Zoo, a short ferry ride from the centre of the city, houses 1,500 animals in naturalistic enclosures.
24. Explore wineries, restaurants and cafes, as well as boutique breweries and distilleries along the 32km Swan Valley Food and Wine Trail.
25. Travel Junkie Indonesia cried when listened to Indonesia Raya being played on The Swan Bell Tower; is one of the world’s largest musical instruments.
26. Arrival at Perth International Airport for check in on Garuda Indonesia Airline to Bali.
Ooh Perth, you stole my heart!
Find out more info at westernaustralia.com
Happy Green Travels.