Thetraveljunkie.org – Brisbane, the vibrant capital of Queensland, offers an array of experiences for locals and visitors alike. From cultural landmarks to natural wonders, this city has something for everyone. Here, we’ve compiled a list of the 50 best things to do in Brisbane, ensuring you make the most of your time in this beautiful Australian city.
1. Catch CityCat: Start your journey by taking a CityCat ferry ride along the Brisbane River, offering stunning views of the cityscape.
2. Stroll along the Brisbane Riverwalk: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the Riverwalk, a scenic path perfect for exercise or simply taking in the beautiful riverside views.
3. Savor Indonesian Cuisine at Shallom Restaurant: Experience the exquisite flavors of Indonesia with dishes like Soto Betawi and Nasi Padang at Shallom Restaurant in St Lucia.
4. Picnic at New Farm Park: Pack a picnic and relax in the lush surroundings of New Farm Park, a popular spot for outdoor activities.
5. Explore the State Library of Queensland: Get lost in the State Library of Queensland, an architectural marvel, and immerse yourself in the world of books, knowledge, and history.
6. Sunset at Kangaroo Point Cliffs: Witness a breathtaking sunset from Kangaroo Point Cliffs, a perfect spot for romantic evenings.
7. Relax at Wilson Outlook Reserve: Sometimes, doing nothing is the best activity. Enjoy the serene beauty of Wilson Outlook Reserve.
8. Visit Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mount Coot-tha: Discover a diverse collection of plants, flowers, and wildlife at the beautiful Mount Coot-tha Botanic Gardens.
9. Hunt for Vinyl Records: Explore the thriving vinyl record scene in Brisbane by visiting stores like Dutch Vinyl Paddington and Rocking Horse Records.
10. Escape to North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah): Take a ferry ride to this island paradise for a day of relaxation, swimming, and exploring.
11. Hike Mount Coot-tha: Start your day with a sunrise hike to the top of Mount Coot-tha for stunning panoramic views of the city.
12. Climb the Story Bridge: Experience an adrenaline rush by climbing the iconic Story Bridge with Story Bridge Adventure Climb.
13. Enjoy James Street in Fortitude Valley: Shop, dine, and soak in the atmosphere of James Street, known for its boutique hotels, laneways, and small bars.
14. Immerse Yourself in Art at QAGOMA: Explore world-class art at the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA).
15. Visit Roma Street Parklands: Enjoy the lush greenery and beautiful landscapes of Roma Street Parklands.
16. Shop at Queen Street Mall: Indulge in retail therapy at Queen Street Mall, a hub of shops and boutiques.
17. Explore Museum of Brisbane: Visit the Museum of Brisbane and ride the heritage lift to the top of the City Hall Clock Tower for a historic view of the city.
18. Discover the Universe at the Planetarium: Take a journey through space and time at the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium.
19. Savor Agadashi Tofu at Mizu Japanese Restaurant: Enjoy the best Agadashi Tofu at Mizu Japanese Restaurant in New Farm.
20. Relax at Clapham Junction Bar: Enjoy a drink with a view at Clapham Junction, a local bar near Banyo train station.
21. Kayak with Riverlife: Explore the Brisbane River by kayak with Riverlife, offering guided tours and adventures.
22. Enjoy Classic Music at Queensland Symphony Orchestra: Attend a performance by the renowned Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
23. Dine and Drink at Howard Smith Wharves: Experience waterfront dining and drinks at Howard Smith Wharves, a trendy precinct.
24. Attend a Show at the Brisbane Powerhouse: Catch a live show or performance at the Brisbane Powerhouse.
25. Explore South Bank to Kangaroo Point on an E-Scooter: Hop on an e-scooter to explore the vibrant South Bank to Kangaroo Point area.
26. Experience Live Music in the Valley: Enjoy live music at various venues in Fortitude Valley, including the Tivoli, the Triffid, and Fortitude Music Hall.
27. Enjoy Fish and Chips at Samson Fish Seafood: Take a train ride to Cleveland and relish fish and chips at Samson Fish Seafood.
28. Sip a Sunset Drink at Soko Rooftop Bar: Unwind with a drink at Soko Rooftop Bar while enjoying stunning sunset views.
29. Wellington Point to King Island Adventure: Walk from Wellington Point to King Island at low tide or swim back at high tide for a unique experience.
30. Visit Eat Street Northshore: Explore a vibrant night market filled with delicious street food and entertainment.
31. Take an Aboriginal Cultural Tour: Learn about Indigenous heritage, history, and art with a walking tour by BlackCard.
32. Indulge in Thai Pork Soup at Kinn Imm: Try the delectable Thai Pork Soup at Kinn Imm in QueensPlaza.
33. Explore Sunnybank’s Asian Cuisine: Dive into Brisbane’s diverse food scene in Sunnybank, known for its fantastic Asian restaurants.
34. Meet Local Dinosaurs at Queensland Museum: Explore the rich history and natural wonders of Queensland at the Queensland Museum.
35. Savor Ramen at Hai Hai Paddington: Enjoy a bowl of delicious ramen at Hai Hai in Paddington.
36. Garden and Dine at Nursery Cafes: Discover garden shops that double as eateries in Brisbane, such as The Nurso, Brookfield Gardens, and more.
37. Discover Antiques at New Farm and Camp Hill: Explore unique finds at the New Farm Antique Centre and Camp Hill Antique.
38. Visit Moreton Island/Mulgumpin: Snorkel the sunken wrecks near Tangalooma Resort and hand-feed wild dolphins and fish at dusk.
39. Enjoy Vietnamese Cuisine in Inala: Experience the flavors of Vietnam with pho, banh mi, and more in Brisbane’s Little Vietnam.
40. Indulge in Indonesian Food at Sendok Garpu: Savor authentic Indonesian dishes at Sendok Garpu Restaurant in the city.
41. Shop at James Street: Shop till you drop at James Street, a popular shopping destination in Fortitude Valley.
42. Morning Exercise in Newstead, Teneriffe, and New Farm: Start your day with a refreshing morning workout in these picturesque neighborhoods.
43. Walk, Run, or Fish at Shorncliffe Pier: Enjoy a jog along one of Australia’s longest jetties and try your hand at fishing.
44. Escape to Samford Village: Discover the charm of Samford Village, a peaceful escape from the city.
45. Explore Lamington National Park: Hike through the ancient rainforests and waterfalls of Lamington National Park.
46. Discover Moreton Island: Embark on an adventure to Moreton Island, known for its natural beauty and diverse activities.
47. Relax at Bribie Island: Unwind on Bribie Island’s sandy shores and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.
48. Cuddle a Koala at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Get up close and personal with Australia’s iconic koalas at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
49. Take a Day Trip to the Gold Coast: Explore the nearby Gold Coast for its stunning beaches, theme parks, and vibrant entertainment.
50. A Trip to Bee Gees Way in Redcliff: The Bee Gees’ journey from humble beginnings in Redcliffe to their resounding success in the United Kingdom and America fascinated us, and we were excited to learn more about their incredible story.
Brisbane’s diverse range of activities and attractions ensures there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re a nature lover, foodie, culture enthusiast, or adventure seeker, Brisbane offers a memorable experience at every turn.
Happy Sustainable Travels!