Thetraveljunkie.org – Australia’s borders are closed. Only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia. I have had quite a few emails and messages from people asking questions about traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic to Melbourne, Australia.
So I have answered a few common questions and included our self-quarantine 14 days at Punthill Apartment Hotel South Yarra Grand.
Did we feel safe?
And, here is what we did on our 1st day after 14 days of quarantine:
- Up early at Punthill Apartment Hotel South Yarra Grand.
- We checked out of Punthill Apartment Hotel South Yarra Grand.
- Had takeaway fish and chips for lunch at Fish & Chippery Oakleigh.
- Took away amazing Baklava for dessert from Nicos Oakleigh.
- Bought some takeaway spanakopita for dinner in Blairgowrie from Nicos Oakleigh.
- Went to Blairgowrie to avoid the city.
- Took along walk around Bridgewater Bay in Blairgowrie for some much needed exercise and mental wellbeing, and enjoyed soaking up the atmosphere after 14 days of quarantine.
- We were very tired, so we had to head back for an early night.
- Ate our yummy spanakopita and slept.
And, we also updated on Instagram stories, HERE.
We were lucky to have a comfortable place to stay and food to eat. Thank you so much to our amazing Melbourne family supporting us with care packs of yummy food and treats and messages of encouragement to keep us happy and fed.
For more information about self-isolation in Australia, visit www.health.gov.au.
We wish COVID-19 will be ended as soon as possible.
Stay at home, save lives.
Stay tuned for more of our self-quarantine in Melbourne, Australia.
Happy Sustainable Travels!
Since you’re here…
… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Travel Junkie than ever but advertising revenues across the blog are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our blogsm as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. The Travel Junkie’s independent, travel blogsm takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.
If everyone who reads our blog posting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as $5, you can support The Travel Junkie – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.