Traveljunkieindonesia.com – Over the past 10 years the Danes have woken up to the extraordinary produse on their doorstep, inspired in part by the success of the Noma restaurant, but also by a small but fiercely determined, visionary group of farmers, chefs, brewers, and food entrepreneurs. Today, TJI have some pretty cool Denmark’s restaurants to share!
So, here are top 10 restaurants in Denmark – Travel Junkie Indonesia’s selection.
1. Relæ The hottest recent opening in Copenhagen, with a good vegetarian menu. restaurant-relae.dk
2. Noma Named “best restaurant in the world” for two years running. To book, phone or email on the morning of the first of the month for a table three months hence. noma.dk
3. Henne Kirkeby Kro The brilliant young chef Allan Poulsen serves Danish food with ingredients from his Jutland kitchen garden. hennekirkebykro.dk
4. Schønnemann This lunch-only cellar restaurant in Copenhagen offers the finest version of open sandwich, Smørrebrød. restaurantschonnemann.dk
5. Malling and Schmidt More than keeping up with Copenhagen, this is Jutland’s leading modern Nordic restaurant. mallingschmidt.dk
6. Nordisk Spisehus Malling and Schmidt’s more affordable bistro for those wanting to dip their toe in the New Nordic food movement. nordiskspisehus.dk
7. Dragsholm Slot Were it in Copenhagen, this castle hotel in Odsherred would have at least one Michelin star for its elegant cooking. dragsholm-slot.dk
8. Geist Bo Bech had a Michelin star but gave it back to open this smart venue on Kongens Nytorv. It’s been full since. restaurantgeist.dk
9. Kadeau On one of Bornholm’s finest beaches, Kadeau epitomises the island’s foodie credentials. kadeau.dk
10. Radio It’s just opened but with Noma’s Claus Mayer in charge we’re sure it’ll meet expectations. restaurantradio.dk
Happy Green Travels!